Last Modified: September 28, 2022
National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (”NABCA” or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Gateway or Meetings mobile applications operated and managed by NABCA (each, an “App,” and collectively, the “Apps”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies only to information we collect in the Apps.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other NABCA apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Apps.
- You otherwise provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our other websites and apps (if any), and these other third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Individuals Under the Age of 21
The Apps are not intended for individuals under 21 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 21. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from an individual under the age of 21, we will delete that information.If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 21 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Apps:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use an App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use an App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, username and passwords, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in an App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use an App or subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with an App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us through any App feature that enables you to communicate with us directly, such as “submit a request” or a “contact us” feature.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use an App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details and Traffic Analysis. When you access and use an App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of an App, including traffic data, usage logs, performance logs and data, time spent in the App, the resources that you access and use on or through the App, pages you view and links you click on within, and what search queries you may have run on the App, all of which helps us maintain awareness of the App’s use and effectiveness.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and mobile network information.
- Location Information. The Apps do not collect real-time information about the location of your device. Beyond the collection of your IP address(es) as described above in the Device Information section, and the associated location information which includes the city, state, and zip code, the Apps do not collect any other location information, including any precise location information from a GPS-based functionality or otherwise.
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Apps and their contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, if applicable.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Apps and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Apps according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use an App.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of NABCA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NABCA about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent. For example, our Meetings App may contain features or functionalities through which you can indicate your consent to have your contact information shared with other attendees at a particular NABCA conference. To the extent you opt-in and consent to such information sharing, we will provide your contact information to other attendees.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NABCA, our customers, or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by contacting NABCA’s support staff at email@example.com.
We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
NABCA implements and maintains reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Apps. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.